It is always an interesting road when there are a few new things to get adjusted to. That is how I am feeling right now. I am the kind of person that works pretty hard to avoid stressful things, or so I think. I think my crime would more often be inaction then going along roads that I would deem as stressful. It is funny how a few seemingly harmless things together can add up to a stressful time of adjustment.
I have been back at work this month and that in itself is good. I really love my job and find so much fulfillment from it. Also I only work very part time which means that I am mostly a stay at home Mom which I love. Those things are great. The difficult parts are that there have been lots of changes in our health care system and there aren't enough hours available to me. So I have been taking shifts where I can. This has meant I have been working a lot lately getting oriented again so that I can get an extra weekend this month and another extra shift at the end of the month. Good things again but it has sure felt like a lot! Also orientating again after I have been gone for a year and a half. My brain feels really stretched as I am working to remember things and practicing. It will be a little while before I feel back into the swing of things or truly comfortable in doing the things that I do. I know that it takes time. When people at work ask me if I am happy to be back I keep saying that I am happy but will feel much better in another month, when I will feel like by brain actually could answer questions that I know I used to know. Stressful!
Then beyond that I am adjusting to having a busier calling, with the young women. I am the first counsellor. I have loved being in there are getting to know the great girls but it is busy.
Then we have started soccer with Kyndal. It is 2 days a week, Mon and Wed evening. And overall it has been an interesting experience so far. She is having fun but isn't actually interested in soccer. I know that she is still pretty young but there have been some emotional, dramatic days at soccer that I question why we are doing it. And again another something new that just adds to that layer of our business. I am not used to ever having something in the evenings. Now I have 3 nights out for sure, not to mention any other things that need to be done.
I am grateful for my wonderful mothers! That have picked up the slack of helping out with my kids and laundry when they have been here. Those normal things get put to the back burner as I am getting adjusted to other new things. So this feels like a time of change and this kind of a period when I am not in any sort of system and there is a bunch of things that I am not yet adjusted to. So I am looking forward to feeling well adjusted. I like that feeling and I miss it!
I have been back at work this month and that in itself is good. I really love my job and find so much fulfillment from it. Also I only work very part time which means that I am mostly a stay at home Mom which I love. Those things are great. The difficult parts are that there have been lots of changes in our health care system and there aren't enough hours available to me. So I have been taking shifts where I can. This has meant I have been working a lot lately getting oriented again so that I can get an extra weekend this month and another extra shift at the end of the month. Good things again but it has sure felt like a lot! Also orientating again after I have been gone for a year and a half. My brain feels really stretched as I am working to remember things and practicing. It will be a little while before I feel back into the swing of things or truly comfortable in doing the things that I do. I know that it takes time. When people at work ask me if I am happy to be back I keep saying that I am happy but will feel much better in another month, when I will feel like by brain actually could answer questions that I know I used to know. Stressful!
Then beyond that I am adjusting to having a busier calling, with the young women. I am the first counsellor. I have loved being in there are getting to know the great girls but it is busy.
Then we have started soccer with Kyndal. It is 2 days a week, Mon and Wed evening. And overall it has been an interesting experience so far. She is having fun but isn't actually interested in soccer. I know that she is still pretty young but there have been some emotional, dramatic days at soccer that I question why we are doing it. And again another something new that just adds to that layer of our business. I am not used to ever having something in the evenings. Now I have 3 nights out for sure, not to mention any other things that need to be done.
I am grateful for my wonderful mothers! That have picked up the slack of helping out with my kids and laundry when they have been here. Those normal things get put to the back burner as I am getting adjusted to other new things. So this feels like a time of change and this kind of a period when I am not in any sort of system and there is a bunch of things that I am not yet adjusted to. So I am looking forward to feeling well adjusted. I like that feeling and I miss it!
PS- I forgot to mention having the kids getting sick, and me starting to get it. And Paul working late the last few weeks, or out of town and yeah, lots of things. I'm not writing this for any sympathy, I just needed to vent a little. I think this might be good therapy. Thats why I'm doing this instead of the dishes. Those are not good therapy!
No comments:
Post a Comment