Wow,gardening is sure hard work!! I guess that I knew it was considered excercise but I haven't had much experience with as much hard work as it was today. I spent the last 2 hours out digging, raking and otherwise prepping our new garden for planting. I had thought that it wasn't as big as the one in our last house. But now I think that it is plenty big for our needs. Kyndal was out digging up the hard soil that we are extending into our garden. She had such a fun time practicing balancing on top of the shovel. It was fun. We are so excited to plant our garden, hopefully tomorrow. We will plant peas, zucchini, potatoes, carrots, transplant some tomato plants and prep for raspberries. We already have a healthy growth of strawberries, which is so great! I love our garden to be something that is low key and that we can just eat outside all summer. It will be extra good this year as we have a sprinkler system!! Horray!! That means our garden will actually get enough water to grow well!!
Here is my hard work so far. Including some fun additions to our garden. Visitors for the kids to play with as well as something fun that Kyndal made. Not yet the fruits of our labours, that will take a few months. Anyways I am so glad that it is spring and that we can plant a garden! Happy planting to you all!!
No comments:
Post a Comment