Thursday, May 20, 2010

Birthday!

My Mothers Day Roses

I had such a nice birthday this week. There is something about it being a special day that makes it special, even if we are just doing pretty normal things. We got up and I made myself a nice breakfast of french toast and watermelon smoothie. Then I spent the morning in a nice long bath, which I have wanted to do in the daytime in this house because the sun shines in the window over the bath. It was nice and relaxing and the kids enjoyed watching TV for the morning. Then my great friend Lindsay and her kids came over for lunch, which is always fun! Then we headed off to the beach for the afternoon. It was a balmy 26 degrees and we enjoyed the beach and made it home about 5 mins before it started on a downpour. For me a thunderstorm is such a great birthday present. We sat on the deck and watched and listened. We ran in the rain. I love the rain and lightning and thunder. Then Sharan brought a nice supper and put the kids to bed while I had fun learning about camp stuff with our YW. It was a really nice day! I do love my birthdays. I am hoping to go out with Paul this weekend to get some birthday freebies. So much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment