Friday, May 21, 2010

My latest handiwork!


I have recently repurposed a few articles of clothing. I had a bathing suit that I never really felt comfortable in. It didn't have much support and was too short in the body. So I actually had 2 of these bathing suits tops and I still liked the bottoms. A cute little skirt swim bottom. And I actually got them super cheap, so not an investment loss if I messed them up. So I cut them apart and put them together into a much more flattering top. I am quite excited about it. Of course it is far from perfect, especially in the sewing a straight line department, but cuter anyways.

And my second project is repurposing a dress for Kyndal. A Value Village find that I thought was so cute. And she is growing so much, out of so many of her dresses, and when that is pretty well all she will wear we need to have a few of them. So here it is. I love how it is so long on her, and she does too. And it will fit her for a long time and still be modest. I think that is in style these days too, from what my cute Young Women are wearing. So it is pretty fun! And I love the little ribbin in the middle, it ties it all together. It is sure fun to have a project and love how it turns out!


3 comments:

  1. Wow!!! I had NO IDEA you were SOO good with a sewing maching! I always knew you were creative...but wow! Way to go kamille!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops! Spelling error...I meant sewing MACHINE!!!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved how it turned out! Way fun! I wish I had a sewing machine...maybe I will steal my Mom's. :)

    ReplyDelete