Here are a few of the quilts that I have finished the last while. I have loved trying different patterns and colors. I have had so much fun, learning so much with each one. This first picture is of the backing. I have done a pieced backing to most of my quilts. It is a fun way to use up leftover fabric and to add some more character to the quilt. This quilt I did use every last inch, I had 2 tiny pieces, less that an inch wide, left over from this piecing.
This quilt began with a 2.5" charm pack, tiny squares that are on the backing, in a checkerboard kind of thing. I wasn't sure how to use them so I ordered a jelly roll of the same fabric. I just love jelly rolls! They are so fun to work with. It is a roll of about 40 different fabrics, in some coordinating line, that is cut into 2.5" strips and rolled up all cute. It is nice to have them already cut, colors thought out, and then I can create something so fun like this with. It was so fun!You can see a little bit of the quilting that I did on this, it is called concentric circles, kind of like a bulls-eye. Beginning with a small circle in the middle and rippling out with more circles from there. I really like trying this and I think that it worked out really well to accentuate the pattern of the quilt.
For this quilting I did free-hand, kind of spiraling, squares. It was so fast and easy. I was going to quilt in the sashing between the squares but decided to keep it simple, and I am sure glad that I did. Easy and ended up really soft and cozy.
Here is the next project started. I have been so excited to make a pinwheel, or whirly-gig quilt, so after having all of my scraps cut into squares I couldn't wait to make these blocks. They are so amazing for scraps as they are each a separate unit of color, and they don't even tough colors with their neighbors. This is just a preview, I have more done now, and am working on some tiny baby ones for a border, they are cute but trickier, we'll see how it goes.
This is a quilt that I started a little while ago and decided that I should gt done. I have the top now done and putting borders on it. I am sure that there are going to be people who need quilts, with all of this tragedy around us. So I am working on finishing these up for something of that purpose.
This is just such a beautiful sight, I am so glad to have a picture of it! I had a friend of mine working on a quilt with me and together we took all of my scraps and cut them into squares. This makes me so happy as now they are ready to be turned into something amazing. I love the rainbow of colors! It just makes me happy to look at it! I have big plans for these, some are underway.
This picture that I took is of one idea, it is a small square and since taking this I have seen a scrap quilt be finished like this. It sure comes together in the end, with borders to pull out the colors that you want to stand out and seeing a bigger area, then just this little square, it all works out beautifully. I am just learning about making scrap quilts and we'll see what this idea, or these squares, blossom into. I just love the whole process of creating things, each step from planning, thinking, arranging, measuring, calculating, cutting, more arranging, connecting, beautifying, finishing. I am loving every second that I spend quilting.
Here is one more project that I had fun working on and now having around our house. This was from a group of ladies around here that do a pinterest group. They get together once a month (I think) and pick some things that they have been wanting to do from pinterest, and they do them. It is a fun night to get together and craft, accomplish something that they have been planning, or looking at, and have some fun together. I went on the night that we made these, the Roly-Poly. My kids just love it. I think that even since taking these picture I pulled it oped and stuffed it with 3 more bags of polyester fiber fill, it is very round and full!
I sit on it to read to the kids at night, and the kids favorite thing to do with it is to jump off their toy shelves onto this across the room. They are crazy to watch flying across the room to land on this huge ball. I have it all ready to make another, we'll see when that ever happens.
I LOVE that grey and orange quilt - so adorable! Looks like you have been a busy lady!
ReplyDelete