Sunday, October 30, 2011

Leaves!

We love the leaves!! Every fall I want to play in the leaves. I have great memories of this when I was a kid and when the colors begin to change I just get itching to get out and play in it. We went out to find leaves at a park 3 times and they were all mowed up. I was so disappointed. All of these great big amazing trees and no leaves waiting at the bottom for us to play in. So we went out on a quest for leaves. We were disappointed out at one of those parks so decided to go and check out Nana's trees, sure enough we found leaves to play in. I know that every year I take so many pictures of us playing in the leaves. It is so fun to capture the excitement, fun and beauty of the season. I just can't help myself, it never gets old!!


We had a few leaves that we raked into a little pile a few days after our quest for leaves. It was great to play in. We also climbed the trees out front with their beautiful red leaves. Those leaves held on until one cold and windy day and they all dropped to the ground in one day. So then we had to get out and play in he leaves again! Oh the fall is just so fun. It sure makes raking more fun then work when we get to play in the leaves. (Well, I guess the work takes a lot longer as we are throwing the pile around but it is sure fun!!) We had cousins also come playing in the leaves and carving pumpkins with us. Oh fall is so fun!!

I know these pictures are all backward from real life order but here is our fall fun anyways!!




We had a great time carving pumpkins together! We had 8 kids and carved 6 of them. They were all so unique just like each kid!!





All of the little rascals turned on me. This huge pile formed very quickly around me!!




Enjoying every leave that falls around her!




Kayla is the queen of this leaf throwing pose. She held this pose until every leaf had fallen. She was so funny!



See how long the pile lasted?




A pile big enough for 6 cousins up to their necks!


My tree climbing monkeys!

I tried to turn this picture around until I realized that this is really the way she was hanging in the tree.

I don't know what this mouse hat she has on. I don't think that I even noticed at the time. They are always playing dress up!

This tree is just so beautiful in the fall. It lasted so long this year. It is a great climbing tree.

Dawsyn was a great raker!



All of their faces are just so priceless!


This is the pure enjoyment of fall!



The girls sure love their amazing Nana!!

All of them were getting Nana as soon as she got home!

Kyndal saw a picture of her cousins doing this while buried in the sand. She has been wanting to recreate it.

Those faces!!!

The girls just love their Uncle Todd, in case I haven't mentioned before. He is just one of those amazing uncles that has so much fun playing with the girls. He lets them maul him and he carries them around and will play any game they want to until they are too tired. I sometimes try to tell them that he can tell them that he is done but I think he is enjoying all the playing and rough-housing as well! What a great uncle he is!!

3 comments:

  1. I lost the link to your blog so I am so glad you posted on mine. So great to see how much your family is growing. I miss you guys and your kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun blog! I love playing in the leaves, too! But I don't think the leaves change colors here, they just fall off year round. The rainy season is over and going into Winter. It still feels hot to me, though.

    Thanks for such great pictures. We love you all, Mom & Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally love the leaf pictures! Thanks for blogging! I can't seem to get enough of it. We love you all.

    ReplyDelete