Thursday, September 2, 2010

Welcome to our Place!


Okay I have been meaning to post pictures of our House since there are many who haven't been here to see it. This has been put off for a moment when the house is fairly clean. So since everything has been put away for the carpets to get shampooed and they are looking good again, I have finally taken some pictures.

Here is our living room on the main floor. I am trying a new layout for the summer with the couch actually in front of the fireplace. It is nice to be able to move things around some, I like to change it up. We really like our furniture. It is new to this house. One of the best things with kids is the storage ottoman. It is really a ten-second-tidy where we can hurry and stick all the toys in there and the room is clean again!
It has been fun to play the piano. Paul played tonight for 30-40 mins while I tidied up the kitchen. It was so nice!

Standing in the living room you can see how great and open it is. With our dining and kitchen and living room all together we can be cooking then quickly transition to dancing around the living room if a good song is on. One of our favorite things! This kitchen will be great for still growing into in the future as the tall cupboard we aren't even using all of. It is sure great to know we can keep on having room to grow!

Here is our office. This room is very used and it will always be a work in progress as it has kids crafts, my crafts, computer, homeschooling stuff, paperwork, play dough, puzzles and books. It is great that it has french doors and when I can't manage to keep this room very clean at least I don't have to always look at it!

This is our upstairs family room. This is the best room in the house. It has so many windows so is really bright and beautiful. In the winter we had kept them open all the time and enjoyed all of the light. It also had a beautiful view of the field at the church property, the church and the mountains behind it. It is so much fun!! This room is also big enough to accommodate all of us and whatever we could want to do! It has bins of all the kids toys, books, TV, including Paul's games on there. I also have a corner set up for my sewing or other craft that I am doing right now. It even has a mini trampoline and basketball hoop. This truly is a room for our family to all spend time in together.

Here is Dawsyn demonstrating the comfort of our favorite chair. This is the cuddle couch! It is so much fun and perfect for all of us to be able to cuddle on. We can all watch a movie or read books comfortable on this chair. I have taken a really nice afternoon nap cuddled with my girls on here! We really enjoy it!

This is Dawsyn room. I really love the squares on the wall. Sharan got Dawsyn a really cute jungle animal rug for her first birthday and I was so excited to hang it on the wall. It goes so perfectly and is a great big piece of art just right for a kids room!

Here is our room. I have always loved our big white bed. It feels to me like floating on a cloud. This room is really great because it is a good size but it is not too big. I don't need room for a sitting room in here but it is just right!

This is Kyndal and Elliettes room. It is a great big room for them. It looks nearly bare here because the carpets were just cleaned and so I stacked all of the things, including Elliettes bed, on top of Kyndals bed. In the corner of this picture you can see the lines that go around the room at the top of the wall. They are cute but when I am done making quilts for the girls be I have big plans for decorating their room and adding a shelf all the way around the room along those line painted there. It will be so cute if it ever happens!


I took this picture to show a project that I just made. This is one of the slip covers that I am making for the girls little drawer things. They are just plastic drawers in a metal frame so I am making these for them so that they look nice. It is also funny to see Dawsyn following me all around the house taking pictures. She really does follow me around everywhere!

So there is the digital tour of our house. I forgot the backyard but I'm sure you have had enough of reading all that I had to say already. I know that I talk a lot and I am learning that I don't really know how to do a short post on here either! Well I hope you enjoyed the glimpse into our daily life and where we are at!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! It is so spacious! I love all the big rooms. What a beautiful home you have.

    ReplyDelete