We just got back from an exciting trip to Montreal! Paul had a conference for 2 days and we toured around for the other 4 days. We had a really great time appreciating the amazing history there that we don't get here in the west. We walked a lot and enjoyed the great food that Montreal offers. We had a great time and missed the girls like crazy. That is what I think vacations are for, to help me miss and appreciate my family and life more. After a fun 6 days I was so ready to come home to them and the wonderful life we have here! I am so grateful for it and to get to come home!!
Here are some pictures!
Here are some pictures!
The Montreal landscape from the top of Mont Royal. It was really beautiful!
It was so amazing to see all the maple leaves around. The ones that had fallen to the ground were red but mostly it was all green still.
We ate at the famous Schwart's. It was a really neat atmosphere, very old school, and great meat. They marinate their brisket for something like 15-30 days, then smoke it for10 hours and the cook it for 3 hours. It makes for very tender meat.
We were taking pictures of this neat building when an older lady came up and asked us why in the world were we taking pictures of the hospital. It looked more like a castle to me. Built in 1893, the Victoria hospital, she said that these were the nurses dorms. So neat!
Hiking Mont Royal
I like these flowers as they have different centers on the same stems. And wildflowers still a third of the way through Sept is pretty impressive!
One tree trying to change colors!
This old building at the top of Mont Royal, I couldn't find where it said how old it was, but it had paintings inside of history from the late 1500's to mid 1700's.
I just love these old stones that these super old buildings are built with. It is so neat!
Oh, she makes me laugh!! So fun to see her and she is obviously excited too!
Looks like fun. Did you know I was born at that hospital? Glad you had a good time!
ReplyDelete