Monday, January 10, 2011

Kyndals Birthday

I know it has been a while but I finally got these pictures onto the computer. Here is the great birthday party that we had for Kyndal. Well, I thought that it was great and the kids did too, I'm not sure about the parents as we ate an abnormal amount of candy! Our candyland party is the first themed party that I have ever done and it seemed pretty easy and low-key but really fun. We did a little scavenger hunt with using the candyland board as our map. I printed off pictures of the characters from online and hid them around the house with little signs pointing to the next area of candyland. Then the kids won candy for building their gingerbread houses or other birthday prizes from each of the characters.
Then we made gingerbread houses that I had already put together with graham crackers. We had an abundance of candy and icing and the kids had fun. I loved to see how the personality of the kids differed in how they built their cakes. Some were putting on as much candy as they could possibly fit on. Others were very carefully coating the whole thing in icing first and then it looked so pretty and white the candy was limited. There were a few that were very careful, planning and keeping their house organized. Those ones were fun to watch, very precise placement of all the same candies along the area so that it was neat and even symetrical. It was really neat to see!

This cake was actually really easy, the top are our lollipop cookies. They are time consuming to make but turn out really fun. Recipe found here:
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Play-Dough-Cookies/Detail.aspx

The kids all making gingerbread houses.

My posing girl. She is so much like her Mom sometimes, it makes me laugh!



No comments:

Post a Comment