Wednesday, July 12, 2017

At It Again

It has been a while since I have worked on a quilt.  It felt really good to make this quilt for my sweet new nephew, Reginald.  He is so adorable and I love to claim him in our family!  So I had to make a special quilt for him.  I am really happy with how it turned out!



It is simple but sweet.  I love to make a baby quilt!

Flashback!!

I have found some old pictures of quilts that I have worked on, lost on an old camera.  So here they are to display.  Some I may have posted on before but I am not sure, so here are some more of my quilts!
 I am really happy with this Oh, Canada quilt!  I love the Canada flag on the back and all of the little colorful ones on the front.  I love the swirls all over it.  I loved especially making it for Sharan to have in Guatemala.  A little piece of love and home there to cuddle with.  That makes me happy!
Good to share again for Canada's 150th birthday!


 This is a quilt that I was practicing a couple of new things.  I was trying a new technique for making pinwheels.  I had these 10" squares from a gift and they were perfect for this.  I love the bright happy colors and the batiks.  This was my first time working much with batiks.  I was also practicing some straight line quilting.  it was a challenge and I am happy to have this first attempt under my belt.
 This quilt was used as a service donation in our wards Relief Society service auction.  It went for the most points of the night.  I was very happy that someone loved it enough and that it has served them well.  That is the best thing, a well loved and used quilt!

 This was a very special project that I felt privileged to be invited to share in.  These quilts are made for 2 children whose father died in a car accident.  They are made with their fathers shirts to make up the leaves and hearts.  I was given these all done and ready for quilting and I worked to quilt them so that they can be loved by these children.

 I am grateful for the blessing it is to use something that I love to do to make a difference in someones life.



No comments:

Post a Comment