Monday, October 12, 2015

Tri-Smore 2015

We had a great time this year doing our Tri-Smore race in Strathmore.  This year we had Kyndal do a larger race than the small kids one.  She did the quarter race that was 4 lengths of the pool, 5 km bike ride and 1.25 km run.  She did very well, I think that she did her race in around 36 minutes.  She was tired but felt very accomplished!  It was exciting for her.






My mom and I were doing the regular sprint length, which was 20 lengths of the pool, 20 km bike and 5 km run.  I had not managed to train as much as I had hoped as the circumstances this spring had other important life things going on.  So I was incredibly grateful that my body is still capable of doing something big and hard like this even without a huge amount of preparation.  I really like the swimming and I love the biking but my body was not able to do the running.  I had always planned to walk it as weakness and pain in my hips and knee would not accommodate much running.  Even with all of that I was happy with how it went.  Not my best time and definitely not close to mom's, but still successful.  Age has nothing on training.






 Since I was walking the run part I did have plenty of juice to start and finish with a good sprint.  So I was happy to have a good start and finish with a fast run!

 Mom finishing up her race with the cheering squad running along beside!
 The kids had a great time doing their little race.  I love this part and the experience for them.  We try to have them all go at the same time as it helps with being able to assist them and see their parts.  But Elliette was so fast and I hardly saw any of her race.  She was just off and going!  This was her third triathlon and she knew the routine and didn't need any help.  I think next year she will be ready for the bigger one!  The kids length is 1 length of the pool, 0.8 km bike and 0.25 km run.


 Marshall was doing his first triathlon this year.  It was pretty cute, he had some troubles with a couple things.  When he got into the pool, even with his life jacket on, he couldn't really swim up the pool, so they told me to pass him a pool noodle and pull him along the side.  It was so cute him holding tightly onto this pool noddle and being towed along the pool for his race.  Then when he got onto the bike he was unsure.  This spring the girls got scooters and he had been way happier on the scooters then riding his bike. So he wasn't so happy when he got onto his bike.  He didn't like the bumpy road and wanted to ride along the sidewalk instead of the road.  Then when the sidewalk ended he got off of his bike to walk it across.  Paul walked up the street with him the whole way.  It was pretty funny to watch him be so particular and concerned along his bike ride.

Then when he finally finished his bike he was sad and didn't want to run.  It was cute, we just walked beside him.  Dawsyn was so sweet trying to comfort and encourage him.  He cried for a bit as we walked along.  Once we turned the corner toward the finish line and we said that when he ran across the finish line he would get a medal he took off and ran through all by himself.  He was very happy then that he did it!


 Dawsyn also did really well with getting out and doing her race so well.  This was her second time doing it and she did really well.  She is often very motivated to keep up with her sisters.  This was no different!  She was right out there doing her thing all on her own!
 Baylor was a great sport hanging out with Daddy and Grandpa for the whole day!  He is such a great temperament, happy and easy for the most part!  He is well adored!!


No comments:

Post a Comment