Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Good to Have Babies to Sew For!

I realized that I had been making baby quilts for lots of other babies and that I hadn't made anything for our little bundle coming along.  So I quickly got to work and had such a fun time making a couple of baby quilts.  
 Since I didn't know if we were going to have a boy or a girl I decided to make one of each for whoever this little person was to be.  I loved both quilts but am sure glad to have a sweet boy and a beautiful quilt for him.
This big patchwork star did not start out to be a star.  I was going to do a patchwork chevron and before I was halfway done I started playing around with the blocks I had created.  I was really excited when this fit together so perfectly.  I have always wanted to do a medallion star, this star is also one that my grandma loved to make and it was even easier than the chevron.  I am so glad that it worked out so beautifully.
 I pieced the backing just a little.  I think it worked out well.
 For my boy quilt, I really copied the pattern from here.  I love this fabric and love the stars.  It really was quick and easy but super cute.
 I quilted it with an all over meandering except leaving the stars open and puffing a little.
 I used all of my pieces to make the back.  It turned out perfect for either side to show so cute.
 So my baby boy has a quilt of his own.

 My neighbor also had a baby boy a week after ours.  I wanted to make him a quilt as well.  I didn't plan this one as much.  I just took a jelly roll that I had used a bit of for another project and I started attaching strips together, cutting them up and attaching them together again.  What I thought it was going to be turned out very different.
The colors are fun and the same as our quilt and it was very wild and crazy.  You can see a little bit of a chevron in the lines and I wanted those to stand out more, so that is what I quilted on it.  It was really fun to quilt straight line quilting with the chevron pattern.  So hopefully that helps the pattern to stand out against all of the awesome craziness.



No comments:

Post a Comment