Sunday, October 6, 2013

Some of the crazy things my kids do!

Here are a few images that seem to be my life.  I have crazy and busy kids.  They do not seem to be scared of very much (other then scary characters in Disney movies).  They are happy to launch themselves off of things without a second thought.  This has been a regular occurrence around our house and my girls usually call it skydiving.  They get onto the high toy shelf and jump, landing face first, or on their bums, onto our rolly polly.  Thankfully, for my sanity, Marshall only jumped from the high shelf once and then just jumps from the low one, or the couch onto this.  Here is a glimpse into their antics!



Dawsyn and her cousins formed a chain and ran around and around taking turns climbing up, launching themselves off and then circling back around again.  The little kids took separate turns from the older kids as they jump further.


Elliette jumping and turning to her back.  I have outlawed flips, as it is just to dangerous and scary, but they try to be creative with their jumps, adding silly starts, pretending they are fainting and such.


They just love this game.  It provides a lot of exercise and just the crazy stunts that they seem to need.
Elliette is really an amazing, spunky little girl.  She makes us laugh all the time!

 





My Kyndal is sure a funny girl.  She is growing up bigger every day.  I can't look at her without being amazed at how she is growing.  It is a really different feeling to look at my family now and see how it is changing so constantly.  I try to soak it in, to savour these good moments.  They don't stay in my memory long enough, so here I am trying to document them. 
This is one of Elliette's great skills.  She is quite shy and won't talk when someone new comes, but she isn't too shy to show off her skills.  Here is the progression of her climbing.





Followed by her chin-ups!  She just loves to do this.  She is very proud of her chin-ups and wants to do a lot of them.  One day she wanted me to count the number of chin-ups she could do.  We counted through the day consecutively, every time she climbed she did 3-4 and through the day she made it up to 59 chin-ups.  That is a strong little girl.  She is hilarious, she also shows off her muscles after.  It is awesome!
Here is Elliette's last climbing skill.  She wants to run out of the house and do this whenever the opportunity presents itself (like whenever the door is opened!).  She has no fear and is seriously a monkey!  I wish this was a coconut tree that we could send her up to harvest!  I hope that all of the kids that come to our house don't go home and drive their parents nuts with the crazy stunts that they learned at our house, but all I can do is hope!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment