Wow this is really late! But I am needing to get this up, document this part of our life and share some other really great things.
| The kids obviously having fun making the punch. |
We spent a fair bit of time doing this over Christmas- Skyping to share Christmas and participate with Family from far away. It was fun to feel like we could still share it together.
Grandpa is sure cute and enjoyed his stocking!
Marshall and his love for balls makes it easy to fulfill his desires.
Skyping with Nana Christmas morning. Grandad was feeling sick that day, crummy on Christmas!
This was a huge surprise for me!! I have been sewing a lot, as noted in other posts. I have a basic sewing machine but was using my moms while we were there. In doing machine quilting I didn't know if I could do it on my machine, also Kyndal has been sewing a lot too and I didn't know if we could share. That being said I was not even thinking about getting one. I always say that I have very long term thinking and plans, maybe in the next few years. I knew that Paul was excited about the gift that he got for me and that it came in a bigger box (since he locked me in a bedroom to bring it into the house). On Christmas Eve I was extra thrown off as Dad spilled the beans saying "Hows your new Vitamix?" I felt so bad that Paul's surprise was ruined, and excited about getting a Vitamix (another thing that we had been using at my parents for nearly 2 years). Dads trick worked really well and I was convinced that was what the gift was. To my total amazement Paul got me a new sewing machine. I am still thrilled with it! I love to sew and quilt and have been getting really good use out of it! I will post more quilts that I am in the process of making when they are through!
The girls got the quilts that I began working on 2 1/2 years ago. I began them again when I was teaching a sewing lesson in the summer. It was what kicked of my again found interest in quilting. All 3 girls have similar but different quilts, to match together in their bedroom. I also made them these surprise pictures to hang above their beds. I have been wanting to do these for a few years and am so happy that I have done them, they are pretty special for all of the kids. They are a frame with a picture of each child, with a picture of Jesus and their name scripture. Each of our kids have a scripture that their middle names were based on. Kyndal Joy's is "How great shall be your Joy" Doctrine and Covenants 18:15. Elliette Grace's is "by His Grace ye may be perfect" Moroni 10:32. Dawsyn Hope's is "which Hope cometh of Faith" Ether 12:4. And Marshall Paulson's is a little different, a combination of his name and a scripture that I just love became his "O Remember my Son" Alma 37:35. I just love this and hope that it is special for my children to have and remind them of who they are.
No comments:
Post a Comment