Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Learning and Growing!

It has been interesting to me lately as I understand more of myself, my personality, my strengths and weaknesses, to then look at how I deal as a parent and cope with my kids personalities. In so many ways we are so much alike. Some of our weaknesses are so similar which makes it so difficult to teach those things that I am not good at.

I have a few quotes from conference that are very helpful to me. One is "the greatest challenge of mortality is to be a worthy and responsible parent." Another is "we learn far more from our children then ever we did from our parents." These are really helping me to keep perspective in each stage and challenge as well as to recognize the things that I need to work on in myself before I can try to expect that of my children.

It is such a journey of learning for all of us and obviously will be even more for me then for them. My learning curve as a parent is so steep, they keep changing and doing different things. Even when something works, it usually doesn't last all that long. I am trying to enjoy where we are at and not focus on all of the improvements that need to be made. We are making progress slowly and surely. That is what we need to celebrate.  This is why our new family motto has become

"We are ALL Learning."  We have skipped the parenting 101.  This is our course-Parenting 501!!

No comments:

Post a Comment