It has been a long time since I have posted! I have been working to avoid the computer so that I limit the time lapse that occurs every time that I get close to it. Really I sit down to do something very specific and productive and get sucked into doing something else (usually not productive) and every time I forget what that important thing that I was going to do was.
Anyways, I wanted to share our vacation with you. I will say that we haven't been on a vacation like this as a family in a few years. We had hardly anything but the location on our agenda and we just took it easy and played the whole time! So nice!!
So it was kind of like 2 vacations in one so I will cover it in two parts (again to try not to get sucked into the vortex right now that this computer is to me!)
Part 1:
We spent nearly a week at Echo Lake Montana at my dear friend Lindsay's Moms cabin. Lindsay and I and our 6 kids went first with the men joining us near the end of the week. And I have to start by talking about this being the most beautiful place in the whole world to me. This is the second time that Lindsay and I have gone together and I am so grateful to have been able to be a part of this place. It is like heaven!! I don't know exactly why. Maybe because of the beautiful comfortable cabin, which is amazing; maybe the lake, warm and perfect for swimming and kayaking; maybe because of the mountains turning pink with the gorgeous sunset and the sun glistening like diamonds off the lake, beauty that takes your breath away every time you look out of the windows; maybe because the kids just play and play and play without a minute of boredom; maybe because of the time with the girls, which includes Lindsay (of course, we can never run out of conversations even after a week at the cabin) and her wonderful Mother and sister and even a cousin that came and was so fun to meet; maybe the great quilting inspiration that I got through our fun time quilting together, the gorgeous quilts on every bed and around the cabin and the fabric shopping; maybe because it is just like a dream to get away to this beyond words gorgeous destination and enjoy the great time with my family and friends. It is all of the above. In case you couldn't tell we had a great time!!
The rest for another chapter!
i love the pictures. So glad you had so much fun!! Can't wait for part 2!!!
ReplyDelete