Elliette had an accident at our ward corn bust at the beginning of Sept. There were a couple dads that were so kindly playing soccer with a whole bunch of kids. Elliette got a big stray kick from a dad coming at her head and she put her hand up to block it. She got caught at a funny angle and knew her arm was really hurt. She came crying over to me and I cuddled her for a minute without much thought to it, thinking she would be fine in a minute. When she didn't settle down I took her home. As soon as we got home I had a closer look, taking off the hair elastics that were all up her arm. As soon as I could get a good look at it, I was sure it was broken. There was a big lump oddly about an inch above her wrist. It looked strange and so I called Paul back home and took her straight to the clinic. It was within an hour of it happening that she was done being x-rayed and had her cast on, so that all went very smoothly. Elliette was very brave and did not have many more tears once we decided to go in and have her arm looked at. She is a very tough girl and we knew that something was serious also when she wouldn't settle down quickly.


Elliette's x-ray and prior to being casted. Getting her little pink cast on!
She was very proud of her new cast.
Elliette's cast and broken arm did not stop her from doing anything. She still jumped on the trampoline, rode her bike, and scooter, had basketball tryouts. She did get her cast off just as the basketball season was starting and had to miss her first weekend of seeding round games. She wasn't allowed to do any contact sports without her soft cast on and was not allowed to play with it in the games. So at least that was all she really missed out on. She was such a trooper and so super cute with her little cast on. It healed up well with her cast on for 6 weeks and then is back to her normal busy self!
No comments:
Post a Comment