Sunday, October 21, 2012

When I was a kid...

I remember this being one of my favorite things to do when I was a kid, playing in the rain.  I still love a rainstorm! I love the thunder and lightning, the pouring rain and everything about a good storm.  I love the sounds and the smells of it, the excitement, the nourishing of the earth, the washing of everything clean and best of all, playing out in the rain!  I guess that I have helped to pass this love onto my girls.  We have eaten supper at the window so that we could watch a storm, we get out onto the front steps so we can watch without getting wet and sometimes we get really wet!












I remember sitting in the warm water in the gutters and was curious as to why the water was warmer there. It was so much fun to watch the girls explore the rain and maybe ask themselves the same questions that I did as a kid.  I love to watch them and be able to appreciate their excitement and learning and really remember doing the same thing.  It feels great to really remember and understand because as a parent I know we forget a lot of what it was like to be a kid; but not on rainy days!

Wow, do I love these funny kiddos!!

1 comment: