Saturday, April 14, 2012

Our Reality!

Here are some pictures of what our daily life is like. One thing that I love about pictures is how they can transform the usual into something frozen much more closer to perfection. In pictures it never seems that I have to ask the kids to stay at the table as frequent as is the actual case. Usually there isn't much crying and fighting in pictures. The good moments are frozen. The ones that help me to look at my children's sweet, beautiful faces and feel so great about where we are at. This is definitely not always the feeling that I have, despite wishing it was. Pictures so often show the beauty, peace and fun in our lives but they are only 2 dimensional and life is never so simple.

Here are a few pictures of the fun that we have and pretend that we didn't fight over getting the pictures taken or the crying that happened after the flash.

Working hard together on their school work. They formed their own little study group to help each other with their work, completed all they needed to and chose to continue to work on extra (this is dripping with sarcasm!!) Wow, there are even flowers and the table is actually quite clear.
Look how fun it is to do my workbooks so obediently!
She can focus like this for almost 30 seconds!!
Even our 2 year old is perfecting the art of scribbling.
She loves to just write and write and write! Always doing her neatest printing!
Okay, sorry for all of the sarcasm! I just find it funny to think about the reality compared to what it may look like in these pictures. We sometime have great days that we are able to keep everyone at the table and accomplish so much. Then there are days that we should all go back to bed at 9am as we are tired of each other from the start. Most days fall somewhere in the middle.
I have been working hard to find more balance in our lives so that on those tough days we can call it quits and try to enjoy some time together instead of trying to fight our way through the day. That is the goal anyways, couldn't we all use more balance. I always find that we need to have those rough days so that we become motivated towards change.
I do truly love these times when my girls are all playing well together and enjoying our lives. This makes those tough days worth it.
Some precious Daddy Daughter time!
This was funny, one night we were downstairs for only about half an hour and came up and Elliette was asleep on the living room floor. This is so unlike her, I am just guessing that she must have sleepwalked.
So, there is some insight into our lives. I hope that when I look back over these years of our lives that I remember it how it is perceived through pictures. I hope that I remember the joy and the fun, those sweet little faces and the amazing kids that they are. I want to remember the best parts. That is why I am trying to document this all. I guess that I want to share the reality of life as well. I have had someone that called me a supermom a few times, which I feel is so far from the truth. We are just a regular busy, crazy, trying to get through the chaos, family. I love my kids and we work hard but supermom is just too strong a name for me. So that is why I want the reality to be documented as well as the seemingly 1 dimensional view of supermom that may come through in pictures. So here we are, the love and the fights, the good days and the bad, the laughing and the tears. It all is us!!

1 comment:

  1. I love this post. I love that you are such a realist, while trying to be the most positive possible! Thanks for your insight and example. You might not be supermom in your own eyes, but you are indeed a super person!

    ReplyDelete